Saturday, August 15, 2009

Mode: Convocation. I'm Congratulating Myself.

I've switched to convocation mode since past two weeks. I even started job hunt. And I've been to 2 or 3 interviews mainly based in PJ and Damansara though I didn't really want to have to work there. It's just not my place to whine about. I think one of the firms are going to offer me some position, eventually. I suppose. HA HA. Sigh.

Let's put that aside.

To be frank, I always had it in my mind that one day I would be wearing one of those oversized robes (I AM oversized and am aware about that but, this is GIGANTIC we're talking here) with the square hat dangling on my head while my hands holding the scroll up high. And much to my awareness, this Monday it will be kept inside the head no more. For I am going to put them on, this time, for real.

Let me recall. Why had I been so certain? When I was younger, I was such a brainee. (And I bet most of you are). I scored most of the subjects and was at the top of the class most of the time. They were just too easy I didn't have to scratch my ass off to get there. The same goes with the rest of the siblings. We were a bunch of NERDs.

As time flies, I could tell the brain started falling apart. My scores scattered. And the comfort chair I've been sitting for a long time was burning my ass off. At least that was how I felt. I had to climb the hard way to get to where I belong. But I never got there. Not anymore. And things were never be the same. For a moment, I thought those glorious days were just some sweet dreams I had been having, the one you wish you never have to wake up. But eventually, I came up with a better thought. They were just some lucks I was running out.

My days in uni were never the best. Yet, I treasure them the most. I was an average with no talents, no hypes, no vibes and what so not. Everyone was different. I was normal. That's a major problem if you're taking Architecture. You just need to be, eccentric. You got to think out of the box, that's what they say. I didn't really hate Architecture, neither I liked it the most. I learnt a lot from it, indeed. But, when you're surrounded by maniacs (that's the so called "creative people" in this case), you, the normals are always left behind. That's what happened to me back then. But I still had that image of me holding the scrolls, vividly. So, with the remaining lucks I have, I used them to put me back on track. Not at the fast pace but it was enough to get me through.

And I am so glad I was so certain back then. Because after 5 years of ups and downs, twist and turns, I can proudly say, here I am. Still holding on.



p/s: I can never be happier. Alhamdulillah. Praises to the Lord above.



4 comments:

  1. thanks sbb menyediakan bahu antara yg terbaik untuk ak menangis maraung dan meratap.:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats. bunga banyak2 meh sini sikit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mael,
    mestilah bahu aku antara yg terbaik. giler comfort banyak lemak.

    mr. hafis,
    bunga tak banyak la sayang. i tunggu u bagi. kasi top up biar banyak sikit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats kak aini

    this is how i felt right now
    i'm the average people too and i always felt left out
    :|
    those glorious days in school wont really help much kan bila dah kat uni.

    ReplyDelete